Strawberry Custard Pie – Makes two pies
¼ cup condensed milk
1 1/2 cups milk
½ cup strawberry puree (about 8 medium sized fresh berries)
1 tsp lemon juice added to strawberry puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup sugar
Pinch sea salt
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust (store bought)
You will need: food processor, mixer, or blender, measuring cup, pie tin if you are making your own crust
- Hull (remove stems) strawberries and place fresh strawberries in the food processor and pulse about 10 times.
- Add lemon juice and sugar.
- Turn on the processor fully and blend until the strawberries are a are completely smooth.
- Turn off the food processor.
- Place pie crust in a 375 degree oven for 6-9 minutes to harden the shell.
- In the mean time, add the eggs one by one, stopping the food processor when adding each egg.
- When the eggs are thoroughly combined, add condensed milk, regular milk, vanilla extract and salt through the funnel, then blend until those ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Turn off the food processor, remove the top
- Take the pie crust from the oven and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees
- Pour the strawberry filling into the pie crusts
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow the pie to cool on a rack for at least 45 minutes to an hour.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg and a fresh mint leave and Enjoy!