Deviled potato skins – makes 4 – 8 servings
2 large baking potatoes
1 pk. Cream cheese softened
5 oz blue cheese
5 strips bacon cooked
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp melted butter
¼ tsp salt
¼ dried dill
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 pk frozen spinach thawed and squeeze drained of moisture
1 medium shallot
- Wash and blot dry potatoes
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until tender in the center.
- Allow potatoes to cool enough to handle.
- Cook bacon until chewy with a little crisp, drain off fat, and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Heat butter in a skillet over a medium flame
- Saute chopped shallots until they start to caramelize
- Add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Saute until the spinach is heated through.
- Turn of flame.
- Split potatoes in half length wise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out as much of the inside of each potato half without damaging the outer skin.
- Place the potato “meat” into the food processor with softened cream cheese, dried dill, and Worcestershire sauce, blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time, blending thoroughly between each egg.
- Transfer potato mixture, bacon pieces, and spinach mixture to a large bowl.
- Add blue cheese to the bowl and combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Rub the outer skin of each potato half with olive oil and sea salt.
- Place the halves skin side down in a greased baking dish
- Fill each half with the potato filling, all the way to the top.
- Place baking dishes in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the tops turn golden.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place the potatoes back in the oven for another 8-10 mins or until the cheese starts to bubble and turn golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then serve!
- Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.