Artichoke and Sun-dried Tomato Mini Quiches – makes 12 mini quiches
*You can freeze the filling for this quiche and thaw for later use*
24 wonton wrappers
1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
1 large yellow onion diced and caramelized
6 oz jar marinated Artichoke hearts chopped
1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup Sun-dried tomatoes chopped
½ cup fresh basil chopped
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1/8 tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp dried dill
You will need: Food processor or blender, muffin tins (lightly greased), skillet, large spoon, small ladle or cup/bowl with a spout.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a skillet over a medium-high flame
- Add diced onion and cook until they start to caramelize
- Add chopped garlic and saute for 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Add eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, mustard, pepper, salt, nutmeg, and dried dill to the food processor.
- Blend until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Transfer egg mixture to a bowl or cup with a spout (I used my 2 cup measuring cup).
- Add onion mixture, artichokes, shredded cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and basil to the egg mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Lay two wonton wrappers flat, forming an 8 pointed star, over each muffin tin hole.
- Push the wonton wrappers into the muffin tin hole, pressing the wonton firmly into the form of the muffin tin mold.
- Using a fork, place the chunkier parts of the quiche filling (cheese, tomatoes, artichokes, etc.) into the bottom of the wonton wrappers then pour the egg mixture over.
- Be sure to leave about a half of an inch of space at the top of each wonton so the mixture doesn’t over flow while baking.
- Place the muffin tins in the oven and bake for 18-23 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Loosen the quiches from the muffin tins by running a butter knife around the edges.
- Remove the quiches from the tins, place on a serving platter and enjoy!